By Courtenay Barnett
If the facts below are correct then the entire Mueller investigation is/was an elaborate hoax.
There seemed to be one large question looming throughout the Mueller investigation:-
Did Russia interfere ( meddle) in the 2016 US elections?.
- Hillary Clinton sought to be elected as the first female president of the US.
- Clinton’s main rival, within the ranks of the Democratic Party, was Bernie Sanders.
- There was meddling with the computer(s) of the Democratic Party.
- At about the same time James Comey, as head of the FBI, stated that Clinton might be the subject of investigation.
The foregoing is a significantly adumbrated list of the factual dynamics.
- Since much centered around the DNC computer(s) then these questions spring to mind.
- Why not subject the computer(s) immediately to a technical investigation so as to determine the times of external interference and sources of any hacking or leaking – both of which can technically be done?
- Why not call on a man from the NSA ( a world renowned technical computer expert) to examine the computer(s) and give testimony in the Mueller investigation if truth seeking was the objective? The man’s name is Bill Binney and he was willing to give evidence as an insider with very detailed knowledge and capabilities in a technical way to get to the truth.
- Of all the people in the world who could speak directly to the truth there is the man at the centre of the whole event – namely the publisher in Chief of Wikileaks. He made it publicly known that he was willing to be interviewed by Mueller. Further he had stated that it was not the Russians who hacked the DNC computers. So, if a person is accused and he makes himself available to be interviewed then logically ( as any competent detective and/or police officer would do) why not then interview the primary suspect and then take the trail further to where it leads to seek the truth?
Having listened to the Congressional testimony of Mueller I noted so far that there are some 200 unanswered questions based on claim of privilege. So much for that. Yet the wider farce, which many seem unaware of is that there are two (2) things running in tandem:-
- The allegation of Russian interference; and
- The allegation against President Trump of obstruction of justice.
However – here is the rub. Trump does have a point, for the first limb (the allegation of Russian interference) has to demonstrate some credibility in a detailed and evidentiary way. The whole investigation stems from point of focus number 1. For the misbehaviour of Trump in misadvising and misinforming and lying in true Trumpian style – becomes but a side show, for the real question as I have outlined above has yet to be truly investigated. Congress therefore, and Mueller, are both dancing around the mulberry bush, and no one seems to notice the avoidance occurring on the turf which really matters as regards the commencement of the whole investigation. Trump’s dalliance was and remains but a secondary and consequential sideline stemming from the first main and still yet unanswered issue, the alleged hacking of, meddling with, and leaking from DNC computers .
Here – listen to Bill Binney as the former technical Director of the NSA – and ask again – why with simple common sense if not logic – then how in goodness name can a man so centrally placed not have been interviewed by Robert Mueller?
* COURTENAY BARNETT is a graduate of London University. His areas of study were economics, political science and international law. He has been a practising lawyer for over thirty years, has been arrested for defending his views, has been subjected to death threats, and has argued public interest and human rights cases. He lives and works in the Caribbean.